Please join Congregation Eitz Or members and friends as our spiritual leader, Reb Arik Labowitz, leads us on a unique journey through Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. Each year he is joined by members of our congregation who create voice and music of deep soul and devotion. He will be joined on the bimah this year with these holy music makers–Sam Kates Goldman, Mae Kessler, and Meg Savlov. Other members contribute throughout Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur services through poetry readings, shofar blowing, leading Tashlich, facilitating a healing service, and by volunteering behind the scenes.
University Unitarian Church Social Hall located at 6556 35th Ave NE, Seattle.
The full complement of High Holy Day Services are offered including:
- Rosh Hashana (Erev and daytime)
- Tashlich service at Matthews Beach (please note this change from our usual location)
- Kol Nidre and Yom Kippur (includes (a healing service, Yizkor, Neilah, and break-the-fast potluck
Dates and Times
All High Holiday activities are at the UUC, 6556 35th Ave NE, Seattle unless otherwise noted.
September 24, Selichot, 7:45pm (at a member’s home – please call 206-467-2617 for more information)
October 2nd, Erev Rosh Hashana, 6pm
October 3rd, Rosh Hashana, 10am
October 11th, Kol Nidre, 6pm
October 12th, Yom Kippur , 10 am (click here for more information about the day and the break-fast)
You can pay for tickets by:
- sending payment and the information on the completed Ticket Prices Form: Congregation Eitz Or, PO Box 15480, Seattle, WA 98115 no later than September 28, 2016 (click here to download PDF of form: eitz-or-high-holiday-ticket-prices-form-2016]
- paying online: Purchase tickets online using Paypal no later than 2 days before each High Holy Day service by choosing from options below and then click “Add to Cart.”
- paying at the door
-Number of tickets you are purchasing
-Type of package(s) (see below)
-Your name, address, phone, and email
Adult All Service Package – $140
Adult Single Service – $50
Youth All Service Package (11-18) $60
Youth Single Service – $20
Fixed Income All Service Package – $75
Fixed Income Single Service – $20
Adult All Service Package – $215
Adult Single Service – $75
Youth All Service Package (11-18) $90
Youth Single Service – $30
Fixed Income All Service Package – $90
Fixed Income Single Service – $30
No one will be turned away due to an inability to pay.
Special Customs at Eitz Or
Wearing White on Yom Kippur
White is a symbol of purity and repentance and is also reminiscent of angels. It is Eitz Or’s minhag or custom to wear white on Kol Nidre and Yom Kippur.
Al Cheyt Cards
Each year members and non-members are asked to submit Al Cheyt cards; you can write four ways that you have missed the mark including self, connections and community, and earth and nature. You can pick the cards up at services or you can print them off from here and turn them in on Yom Kippur. These cards are read anonymously on Kol Nidre and Yom Kippur and help make our services more meaningful.